SpikeZ Volleyball League
School Secondary Catholic Monseigneur-De-Charbonnel
110 Drewry Ave, North York, ON M2M 1C8
Fall 2018 Season
Start of Regular Season : September 6, 2018
Playoff: November 15, 2018 and November 22, 2018
Thursday, September 6, 2018
Again, should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Jeff, Tony or myself. Looking forward to meeting everyone next week! Have a great long weekend!
- Regular OVA volleyball rules apply, unless otherwise stated.
- Minimum 2 males and 2 females must be on the court at all times.
- One step-in allowed for service.
- A foot must completely cross over (including heel) the center line to the other side to be consider a fault.
- Contact with the net by a player during the action of playing the ball is considered a foul.
- Ball is called “out” when the ball touches the ceiling, wall, basketball net and outside of boundaries.
- In case of a dispute, the referee’s decision is final.
- Each game/match is 30 minutes consisting of 2 sets.
- All games will be played to 21 points (rally point system) capped at 25.
- Each team is guaranteed 6 sets every week.
- Once “last serve” is called, play out the current point and team with higher point wins the set.
- Tied games will play one more point to decide the winning team.
- Matches will be officiated by teams that are designated in the schedule.
- Minimum of 3 referees are required for: 1- Referee, 2- Linesman/Scores person.
- Teams are responsible to look for their own subs.
- Teams may ask other players that are not playing to sub in if he/she is not officiating.
- Player must have played more than 50% of regular season to qualify for play-offs.
- In the event that an eligible player is not available, the substitute must be of equivalent skill level as the original player.
- Captain must validate the substitute’s eligibility with the organizers prior to play-offs.
- The organizers take pride in creating a safe and friendly environment for our league members. We will treat all participants with fairness and respect. All participants are expected to exhibit the same upmost level of sportsmanship and respect for the entire duration of the league.